Thank you for taking your valuable time to learn more about our program. Here we will share some of the specific coverages you will find in our program.
When you complete our online form our licensed agents configure the right coverage to the size and needs of your photography, videography, graphic arts or other media business (see a list of eligible businesses). Don’t worry about paying too much premium for a policy. Our program includes starter policies for beginners as well as more comprehensive policies for photography veterans. Below, we have outlined the coverages most often appearing in our Package Choice policies.
Coverages For Media Professionals Available in Package Choice
Insurance for Cameras & Equipment
- Protects your cameras, lenses, flash and other valuable equipment while at your home, studio, or on location anywhere in the United States or Canada.
- Automatic coverage for theft and accidental breakage.
- Insurance carrier pays Replacement Cost-the cost of new equipment of like kind and quality-in the event of a claim.
- International Coverage is available in most U.S. States.
- Deductibles range from $250 to $1000, according to your individual plan design or preference.
- Covers studio contents up to the limit you specify and stated in the policy.
- Covers office furnishings, tenant improvements and betterments made to your rented studio, dark-room equipment, supplies, and telephone equipment.
Computers and Media
- Covers computers, printers, scanning equipment, and other hardware against accidental loss.
- Software Coverage automatically included.
- Loss to Data Coverage available.
Insurance for Rented or Leased Photography Gear
- Protects your rented, borrowed or leased equipment while in your care.
- Coverage is automatically included up to the limit shown in the policy, generally $10,000.
- Documentation of coverage may be provided to rental houses when requested.
Commercial General Liability Insurance
- Protects your business operation from claims arising out of injuries to your customers or the general public, or from damage to the property of others.
- Protection extends up to your policy limits. Included is coverage for premises-operations, products-completed operations, personal injury and advertising liability.
- Limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence/ $2,000,000 aggregate are standard; $2,000,000 per occurrence / $4,000,000 aggregate is also available.
Errors & Omissions Liability – A Package Choice Exclusive!
Errors & Omissions protects the photographer or videographer from the financial consequences of a variety of human errors or omissions.
When Errors & Omissions Insurance might apply:
- If you forget or misplace film or a media drive, release it to the incorrect party, or fail to show up for an event.
- If a customer challenges the quality of your work or your overall professional performance.
- If you hire staff members or assistants who make an error while on a shoot. Competitor programs do not automatically cover the work of assistants or independent contractors.
Other benefits of Errors & Omissions through Package Choice:
- No deductible applies in the event of a claim.
- Lawyers, expert witnesses, court fees, and outside investigators included in the coverage payments.
- Funds to pay for a reshoot may be provided by the policy.
- Now available in all states except Hawaii.
- An available option providing coverage for your covered film and property while shipped using an approved common carrier, excluding the United States Postal Service.
Business Income Interruption & Extra Expense
- In the event of a covered property loss, this coverage will reimburse the policyholder for actual loss of earnings up to 12 months, as well as cover additional expenses necessary to conduct normal business operations.
Available Coverage Extensions
- Minimal Limits for the below listed coverages are included in Package Choice and may be adjusted if necessary:
- Accounts Receivable
- Back up of Sewers & Drains
- Employee and ERISA Employee Dishonesty
- Money & Securities
- Newly Acquired Business Personal Property
- Personal Effects
- Contents off premises
- Valuable Papers & Records / Film Coverage
- Pays to repair or replace your owned building and any improvements up to your policy limits.
- Covers most risks of direct physical loss.
Other Coverage Options and Policies
- Commercial Automobile Insurance
- Employment Practices Liability
- Umbrella Liability
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Personal Automobile & Homeowners