3033 N 44th StSte 300Phoenix, AZ 85018-7275

Photography Insurance professionals

Call Us 866-977-4725

Call Us Today!

Home » Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Package Choice?

Established in 1998, Package Choice is an insurance program designed for professional photographers and videographers who are based in the United States. Unlike other programs, Package Choice brings a choice of insurance policies and providers to the professional photographer and videographer. Because carriers offer different levels of coverage and are more competitive in different areas of the country, we know that no single insurance company will fit every photographer’s needs. Carriers in our program include The Hartford, CNA, Travelers, Zurich, Firemen’s Fund and more.

Who is Hill & Usher?

Hill & Usher is the program designer and manager for Package Choice. As a retail insurance agency, we also serve as your advocate during the purchase of your policy. We are also available to serve you in the event of a claim or if you have questions concerning your policy. Hill & Usher is based in Phoenix, Arizona and has been providing value, service & results in the insurance industry since 1995.

Where do premiums start?

Minimum premiums vary by insurance carrier and state; however, most begin at $500 while a few of our states start at $400.

How is my premium calculated?

Premiums are determined by a number of factors, including: Your physical location; value of your insured camera equipment and other property; number of years in business; and previous history of claims.

What coverage is included in a standard Package?

Generally, a package will include General Liability Insurance, Hired/Non-owned Automobile Liability, Camera Equipment Insurance, Property and computer coverage. Errors & Omissions Liability is an available extension.

Who is eligible for coverage?

Any wedding, portrait, architectural, stock, industrial or other type of photographer or videographer based in the United States who also meets our underwriting criteria. The program is currently available to residents of every U.S. State.

What if I perform work other than photography or videography?

Package Choice can often insure other work you might perform, like web-design, graphic arts, and photographic restoration; however, this is determined on a case-by-case basis.

How quickly may I activate coverage?

In most cases, a Hill & Usher representative will respond to your inquiry within 24 hours. We are certainly willing to handle urgent inquiries. Please contact 866-977-4725 or email [email protected]

If I file a claim, will coverage be cancelled or rates increased at renewal?

The short answer is, “rarely.” Many insurance buyers are familiar with stories of insurance carriers dramatically increasing rates following a claim. With Package Choice, very few customers will see a rate increase after a claim, provided you take the necessary and recommended precautions to prevent a loss from recurring. Even fewer will see a cancellation notice from the carrier following a claim.

I have a bride or facility owner asking for “proof of insurance.” Does Hill & Usher provide that?

Yes, we do. Also called a Certificate of Insurance. Please contact our office or visit our online service center at http://service.hillusher.com to make your request. We will ask for the name and address of the party making the request as well as if the party is requesting any particular coverage extensions from your policy, like an “additional insured” endorsement or “waiver of subrogation.” We turn around typical requests in 24-48 hours.

Do you cover Insurance for Rented Equipment?

Most of our policies automatically extend coverage for rented or borrowed equipment at a limit of $10,000. Coverage may be increased.

Where are my cameras and other equipment covered?

Coverage for your scheduled cameras and other gear is provided within the United States and Canada.

Is International Camera Insurance Available?

Yes. We can arrange for this coverage either during your initial application process or prior to a trip you take outside of the country. Contact our office for more information.

Isn’t Camera Equipment Insurance a part of my homeowners policy?

Not generally, since you use your camera equipment in a business. Most Homeowners policies exclude insurance for cameras for business related property.

Are Payment Plans Available?

Yes. A multitude of payment plans are available.

Insurance for Photographers 101

Exclusions: The No Cost ‘EXTRAS’ You Don’t Want